Director of Animation (January 2019 – present)
Animation Director (June 2014 – December 2018)
Lead Animator (September 2009 – June 2014)
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe
Principal Animator (April 2006 – August 2009)
EyePet and Eight Days
- Built and directed teams of character artists and animators across multiple projects.
- Developed new game play moves and mechanics from concept to completion.
- Planed, directed and edited motion capture data.
- Hand animated major game play moves.
- Improved communications across teams and studios by establishing European art conferences to facilitate sharing.
- Collaborated with Sony’s Advanced Technology Group and World Wide Studios to design and implement animation tools and pipelines through extensive animation R&D.
Technical Director of Animation (April 2004 - March 2006)
Splinter Cell, Far Cry, King Kong and additional concepts
- Co-designed and prototyped new moves and mechanics.
- Designed and built animation centric character rigs.
- Hand animated major game play moves and cinematics.
- Extensive animation R&D, working alongside independent research teams.
- Developed extensive suite of Maxscripts to aid art creation and optimise performance.
- Directed large team of Chinese artists.
Senior Animator (August 2003 - April 2004)
Jade Empire and Neverwinter Nights
- Hand animated human and creature characters.
- Planned, directed and edited motion capture data for human characters.
- Developed new animation tools and techniques.
Animator (November 2001 - August 2003)
Los Angeles, US
Tony Hawk, Pro Skater series.
- Responsible for all animated game characters.
- Created rigs for all playable characters.
- Worked alongside Gameplay programmers to script in-game animations.
Artist (June 1999 - November 2001)
Loons, Taz Express and Radikal Bikers
- Modeled, textured and animated characters.
- Deliver AAA games of the highest standards
- Setting benchmarks for animation quality
- Design and implement complex gameplay mechanics
- Develop technology to improve pipelines, production and gameplay experiences.
- Good understanding of scripting/programming languages.
- Build teams and develop communications
- Passion for playing games
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (PS4, Xbox One). 2018.
- Grand Theft Auto V (PS3, Xbox 360). 2013.
- L.A. Noire (PS3, Xbox 360). 2011.
- EyePet (PS3). 2009.
- Eight Days (PS3) Cancelled 2008.
- Splinter Cell: Double Agent (Xbox 360, PS3, PC). 2006.
- King Kong (XBox 360, XBox, PS2, Game Cube, PC). 2005.
- Far Cry: Instincts (XBox). 2005.
- Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2, XBox, Game Cube, PC). 2005.
- Jade Empire (XBox). 2005.
- Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark (PC). 2003.
- Tony Hawk Underground (PS2, XBox, Game Cube). 2003.
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4 (PS2, XBox, Game Cube). 2002.
- Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 (XBox). 2002.
- Loons: The Fight for Fame (XBox). 2002.
- Taz Express (N64). 2000.
- Radikal Bikers (PSX). 1999.
BA (Hon's) Computer Visualisation and Animation.
NCCA, Bournemouth University, England. 1996 - 1999.
+44 (0) 7903 888 569